Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool #11 Digital Citizenship

I was unaware of the Digital Citizenship era, but as I was reading, I realized that students don't know where valid sites are to gather data and information. Do I? Well, the more that I do these internet scavenger hunts (as I call them) I learn a lot more! I want to be able to show students where to gather information. With jobs these days, people have to be tech savvy, but are we creating students who can do that? I think that we should be using blogs, having the students learn digital etiquette, and teach the consequences of inappropriate behaviors on the internet. So many kids think that technology is just a way to play around, but I think it is important that students realize that their activity can be tracked! I think that I would give the students credible resources to pull from, and then show the places that aren't quality sites, such as wikipedia. I also think that it would be wise to show the difference between a shared doc and a solid site.

No comments:

Post a Comment